All outlets running Hookah Bars in the Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) have been ordered by the Assam government shut down. The notice was issued by the commissioner of GMC on December 18.
The Hookah Bars must be closed within seven days of the issuance of a notice.
“It is for information to all concerned who are running the trade of Hookah Bar under the jurisdiction of Guwahati Municipal Corporation that vide order no. GDD.233/2020/16 dated 19th Oct 2020, Govt. of Assam through has notified for the closure of all the trades in respect of Hookah Bar operating within the city of Guwahati,” the official order said.
The notice also made it clear that no renewal or issuance of Hookah Bar trade license will be entertained by GMC. “Accordingly, in pursuance to the said notification of Govt. of Assam, no further renewal/issuance of trade license for Hookah Bar will be entertained by Guwahati Municipal Corporation for which the said activities are to close within a period of 7 days from the date of issuance of this notice, ” the notification further added.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing