Meghalaya: The Confederation of Meghalaya Social Organisation (CoMSO) staged a public gathering in Shillong to mark one year of Meghalaya Legislative Assembly passing the Inner Line Permit (ILP) Resolution.
The Central Government to yet to give its nod to the implementation of the ILP in the state.
The pressure groups on Saturday termed the actions of the Central government as a ‘mockery’. Beating the kseiñ (drum), the sloganeering grew louder with time, and the crowd shouted slogans in support of ILP.
Speaking with EastMojo, Robertjune Kharjahrin, Chairman of CoMSO, said he was hopeful that the loud drum beats will echo till Delhi.
Also Read: Meghalaya: BJP MLA inaugurates road, names it after himself
“We appeal to the union government to honour the aspirations of the people of Meghalaya and implement ILP in the state. The indigenous people of Meghalaya have fought for too long. Once again, we urge the Meghalaya government to lead a delegation comprising of the 60 MLAs to go to Delhi and demand for ILP,” he added.
Effigies of PM Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah was also burnt.
CoMSO will again hold a democratic protest on December 30. “It will be done on the death anniversary of freedom fighter U Kiang Nangbah, so on that day also we will hold a rally in honouring the sacrifice made by our freedom fighter hand in hand demanding for ILP,” said Kharjahrin.
- Canine experts seek end to practice of using police dogs for VIP events
- How to get free spins at European Casino
- BJP destroyed railways by stopping practice of separate budget: Mamata
- All you need to know about getting free spins on card registration
- Sikkim lists ‘pharma-related’ products as part of One District One Product
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur