Fakiragram: Courage displayed by a group of NCC cadets helped in preventing a fire in the Dibrugarh-New Delhi Rajdhani Express. The incident took place near Fakiragram junction earlier today when one of the coaches (B7) caught fire. The NCC cadets who were also travelling in the same train soon came to the rescue and helped evacuate coach.
The courage shown by the cadets was also appreciated by several fellow passengers.
“I am very thankful to the NCC cadets who didn’t just help us in getting out of the coach but also helped our children in getting out of the coach,” one of the passengers said.
Due to the timely intervention of the cadets, there was no casualty sustain by their fellow passengers.
This life-saving task undertaken by the cadets, while putting their lives at risk came as a result of Disaster management training imparted to them in NCC which comes in handy in such hazardous situations.
- Meghalaya delegations meets Assam CM over setting up of BOPs
- Centre issues guidelines for MSOs to run platform services
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students