Agartala: The train engine of the New Delhi – Agartala Special Rajdhani Express was derailed in Kumarghat station, around 125 km from Agartala on Friday.
The incident took place at about 10:45 am at Kumarghat station. However, no passenger coach was derailed in the incident, and no injury or casualty was reported.
The incident occurred at KM 74/6 in Dharmanagar – Agartala section under Lumding division of NFR, said Subhanan Chanda, chief public relations officer, Northeast Frontier Railway.
“Accident relief train from Badarpur and medical relief team from Agartala immediately started for the site on receipt of the information. Senior railway officials from Agartala and Karimganj are also rushing for the site with necessary men and materials”, the statement from NFR added.
The press statement also said that due to the derailment normal running of the train in the Agartala–Dharmanagar section has been suspended. Efforts are on to restore the train movement at the earliest.
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules
- Virat Kohli will step down as T20 Captain after World Cup In Dubai
- US, UK, Australia launch new trilateral Indo-Pacific alliance to counter China
- Farmers suffering, govt is nowhere, say Meghalaya MLAs