Imphal: A joint team of Assam Rifles and Manipur Police have arrested an area commander of banned outfit top UNLF near Yaralpat area in Imphal on Thursday.
As per the official statement, based on specific inputs, security forces along with police launched an operation and arrested a self-styled captain, who is the area commander of the UNLF outfit.
During a search operation, security forces reportedly recovered huge cache of arms and ammunition. The recovery items include two AK-56 rifles, one 9mm pistol Beretta, .38 pistol, 143 rounds of AK-56, 10 rounds of 9mm pistol and nine rounds of .38 pistol.
Also Read: War on drugs: Manipur super cop returns gallantry award
Moreover, the team also found bomb-making materials consisting of three electronic circuits, two dry cell batteries, one remote control device and a four-meter-long wire from the spot, it said.
The arrested cadre along with the recovered arms and ammunition have been handed over to Porompat Police Station in Imphal for further investigation, it added.
Also Read: Manipur: Former Chandel district council chairman acquitted in multi-crore drug case
- Nagaland’s Entrepreneurs Associates sensitises women vendors in Dimapur
- Bangladesh tries fences to tackle growing human-tiger conflict in Sundarbans
- Outcome of 2024 elections will ‘surprise’ people: Rahul Gandhi
- Indian-American eighth-grader Dev Shah crowned 2023 Scripps National Spelling Bee champion
- HC pulls up Meghalaya govt for coal export without seeking its origin
- Assam: Hailakandi BJP leader promised ‘govt jobs’ for money, arrested