Agartala: The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Sharad Arvind Bobde, is arriving on a four-day visit to three Northeastern states. He will visit Assam, Mizoram and Tripura from December 19 to December 23.
The states have already been informed of his itinerary and have been requested to make all necessary arrangements, including security during his visit.
The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court will start his tour of the Northeast with Assam on December 19. He will take part in a conference organised by the WWF at the Assam Administrative Staff College in Khanapara.
From there, he will move to Mizoram, where he will spend two days.
The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court will visit Tripura on Wednesday, the last day of his visit to the North East. Upon his arrival in Tripura, he will visit the Mata Tripureswari temple in Gomati district, and after returning from there, he will visit a few more temples in Agartala.
After lunch, he will leave for Kolkata in the afternoon. He will be accompanied by Additional Registrar of the Supreme Court and Private Secretary Rakesh Kumar. Preparations have already begun in all three states for his visit.
- Driver, helper killed as truck falls into roadside ditch in Bengal
- NIA arrests trafficker in West Bengal fake currency notes case
- Gavaskar wants Rishabh Pant to succeed Kohli as Test skipper
- Maharashtra: 4 held for shooting dead doctor in Yavatmal
- Australia beats England by 146 runs, completes 4-0 Ashes win
- COVID-19: India’s R value drops to 2.2 between January 7 and 13