Guwahati: Assam CID on Friday filed the chargesheet in the SI Examination paper leak scam. A total of 36 persons have been named in the case.
Charges were framed against the 36 accused under Section 13 of the Indian Penal Code.
The 2,621-page chargesheet contains a further 1,217 pages of the case diary. A total of 183 witnesses were also named as prosecution witnesses. The statement of 32 witnesses has been recorded by judicial magistrate u/s 164 of CrPC and confession statements of five of the arrested accused persons were also recorded.
The Assam government cancelled a written exam to recruit 597 sub-inspectors to the state police force after the question paper was leaked. The scam was reported from 24 locations in Assam. The investigations have led to startling revelations, including the recovery of a huge amount of money.
The arrested includes several high-profile officials such as Assam Police Service (APS) officer Kumar Sanjit Krishna, former DIG PK Dutta, and BJP leader Diban Deka.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands