Taking a step towards the digital era, Assam Sahitya Sabha has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Assam Electronics Development Corporation Limited (AMTRON) on Tuesday to provide a dedicated online platform for Assam’s literary treasures.
AMTRON will develop a digital archive for Assam Sahitya Sabha by digitising many literary works. According to Sabha President Kuladhar Saikia, the first phase of the project will include the works of Srimanta Sankardeva and some of his contemporary writers as well. Additionally, this will also cover various rare, hand-written, and other invaluable literary works from the state of Assam.
Also Read: Ex-DGP Kuladhar Saikia elected Assam Sahitya Sabha president
While speaking with a leading news daily, Saikia said that the main purpose of the project is to preserve various invaluable works and make them available via the internet. This according to him will help both researchers and literature enthusiasts to gain easy access to such rare literature.
Additionally, as many educational institutions are already in the process of digitisation, the Sabha will also get in touch with them so that a common sharing mechanism can be created. The Sabha will also take the help of educational institutions under which interested students will also get the opportunity to become associated with this project.
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system