Guwahati: On Wednesday, Lurinjyoti Gogoi, the former general secretary of All Assam Student’s Union, joined the Assam Jatiya Parishad (AJP) during the party’s political convention. He stated in a press conference that nationalism and regionalism will solve national problems and called all to join AJP.
While talking with media in Sivasagar, Gogoi promised the vanquishing of anti-Assamese elements from the political scenario of Assam. He promised a return of regionalism as well.
He added that with the arrival of AJP, the journey of ‘jaati’ (Assamese community) has also officially begun, and the “Assam of everyone’s dreams is not too far away.”
“As of now, communal tensions prevail in Assam, and conspiracies are being hatched to destroy the democratic nature of Assam. There is a concerted effort to destroy the culture of Assam,” he said.
- Bengal man finds his ‘dead’ son alive in Balasore makeshift morgue
- Scoop: Exploring the perils of crime reporting and the fight for justice
- Assam: Public land protection cells to redress encroachment issues
- Odisha train crash: 40 passengers may have died of electrocution
- Concerted effort needed for peace in Manipur: Prof Meijinlung Kamson
- Conrad, Himanta showing interest in solving state-border dispute: BJP