A primary school headmaster in Chintawarray village in Khammam district of Telangana has been accused of sexually assaulting five girls from his school. A video of the headmaster being beaten up by the victims’ parents went viral on social media, bringing the incident to light.
Dodda Sunil, the accused, resides in Laxmidevipalli mandal. He has allegedly assaulted the victims multiple times. The victims are studying in Class II, III and IV. Using the pandemic and the lockdown to his advantage, he called them over to the school for one-on-one meetings.
The victims did not have smartphones for online classes, and the headmaster used this as an excuse to give them ‘personal classes’. The students were called to the school separately and were sexually assaulted by the teacher. Sunil reportedly threatened them with severe consequences if they told their parents about his actions, including death. The headmaster would show them porn videos and force them to enact the contents.
After a while, the parents of the victims began to notice that their daughters were falling ill frequently. Soon after, they found out about the headmaster’s actions. When the incident was reported to the school authorities, a few teachers who were on the accused headmaster’s side tried to settle it internally.
Their families, however, refused to comply and beat up the headmaster in a fit of rage on Monday. On being alerted about the issue, the Mandal tahsildar and ICDS project officer rushed to the village for inquiries, and Chunchupalli CI Guru Swamy said that the headmaster would be booked under the POCSO Act.
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali
- SC verdict has struck down word ‘Sikkimese’ as well: CAP
- Odisha minister Naba Das dies of bullet injuries: Hospital officials