Agartala: After the central government asked the states to prepare for COVID-19 vaccination once they are ready to be delivered, the Tripura government has started training health workers, said cabinet spokesperson and education minister Ratan Lal Nath on Tuesday.
Speaking with reporters, Nath said that in the first phase in Tripura, the central government has sanctioned 1.92 lakh corona vaccines. Besides, the central government will also send seven ice-lined refrigerators (ILR).
“Preparations have been made for vaccination of corona as per the instructions of the ministry of health. A high-level delegation under the National Health Mission (NHM) has been inspecting the office of the Health Officer at the Pandit Nehru Complex,” Nath said.
The education minister said various committees have been formed for the vaccination process. The health workers have even been trained so that as soon as the vaccine arrives, vaccination of people can begin.
The central government is expecting to get Covid-19 vaccine from six to seven sources and the vaccination drive will be carried out with a “mix” vaccine.
- ZPM sweeps Mizoram elections
- Nagaland: 2 years on, Konyaks, NSF remember Oting incident
- AK Mishra an advisor to Home Ministry, not an interlocutor: Tripura CM
- Mizoram elections: Zoramthanga resigns after MNF loss
- Despite having a simple plot, David Fincher’s ‘The Killer’ is an intriguing film
- New milestone: Three women emerge winners in Mizoram elections