Kohima: Illegal liquor worth about Rs 18.3 lakh has been seized in a joint operation of the Assam Rifles and the Nagaland police from a general area in Zero point at Wokha.
This operation was part of an ongoing crackdown by the security forces to prevent illegal activities in Nagaland.
The PRO IGAR (N) informed that two persons were arrested in this connection. A total of 255 cases of IMFL amounting to approximately Rs 18.30 lakh was recovered.
The arrested persons, along with the recovered items, have been handed over to the Wokha Police Station for further investigation, it informed.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing