Imphal: Senior Congress MLA and former minister of Manipur Govindas Konthoujam has been appointed as the new president of Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee on Monday.
An appointment order issued by All India Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary KC Venugopal stated that Congress president Sonia Gandhi has appointed Govindas Konthoujam as the president of MPCC with immediate effect.
The party appreciates the contribution of outgoing PCC president M Okendro.
Taking to his Twitter handle, Congress spokesperson Ningombam Bupenda Meitei said that “I congratulate Shri Govindas Konthoujam, senior Congress MLA and former cabinet minister of Manipur, on being appointed as the new president of Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee by Hon’ble Congress president Smt. Sonia Gandhiji today.”
Konthoujam, 53, who is a six-time MLA from 26-Bishnupur Assembly Constituency and a former minister for three terms in the state.
- Watch: A report from the Bru camps in Tripura, 25 years after exodus
- UK chief spy says China, Russia, Iran, terrorism are big 4 threats
- NE insurgents staying in Bangladesh but not operating from there: BSF
- Meghalaya Deputy CM hopeful of resolving differences with Assam
- People with A, B blood groups, Rh+ more susceptible to Covid: Study
- Covid long-haulers may experience abnormal breathing, chronic fatigue