Kokrajhar: The newly-elected Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) chief Pramod Boro embarrassed himself and others during his oath-taking speech, when he addressed Himanta Biswa Sarma as the ‘chief minister of Assam’.
This gaffe took place during the swearing-in ceremony in Kokrajhar on Tuesday morning. Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, Assam BJP president Ranjeet Kumar Dass and others were present at the event.
Along with Boro, four other members of the newly-elected Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) took oath.
In the recently-held polls for the 40 seat BTC, Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) won 17 seats, United People’s Party Liberal (UPPL) won 12, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) won 9, Gana Suraksha Party (GSP) won 1, and Congress won 1 seat.
The Congress candidate has since defected to the BJP. The BJP is forming the council in alliance with UPPL and GSP.
- Pradyot trains guns on CPIM for opposing TIPRA sponsored Bandh
- Nagorno-Karabakh: Longest war in post-Soviet space flares yet again
- What is space mining?
- Tourist statistics in Mizoram show modest growth in 2022-23
- The fraught history of India and the Khalistan movement
- Arunachal Congress slams China over treatment of Wushu players