Eight cyclists took part in the first Cross Country Uphill MTB race, organized by the Itanagar Cycling Meet (ICM) on Sunday, called ‘Chimi Mountain Pass MTB Challenge’.
The eight cyclists came from different parts of the state to participate in the 8-km-long race. Clocked at 1 hour, 3 minutes, and 25.05 seconds, cyclist Donik Rimon,17, won the competition.
Kago Mobin, 12, came second in the competition, stopping the clock at 1 hour, 13 minutes and 12.25 seconds, while Rahul Mili, 32, clocked at 1 hour, 15 minutes, and 13.45 seconds won the third price.
The ‘Most promising rider’ prize was given to Ittu Gadi, who finished the race in 1 hour, 25 minutes, and 34.49 seconds.
The race was flagged off by senior marathon runner and Associate Professor at Dera Natung Government College, Dr. Kago Gambo. The race started from the Police HQ in Itanagar and ended at the Chimi mountain pass, which is at an altitude of around 5,000 feet.
ICM director Ijum Gadi has said that such events help the young riders immensely in preparing themselves for bigger competitions and commended the riders’ enthusiasm.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation