Know that feeling when you see something for the first time and go “I wanna see that in real life!”? That was me, eight years ago, when I was watching an anime and came across the pink flowers of the cherry blossom tree.
A Google search on the subject followed, and since then, it has been on my to-do list. Luckily, I did not have to go to Japan, for the Northeast, especially Meghalaya and Nagaland, has many places where the mesmerising sight of Cherry Blossoms is a common occurrence.
With Fujifilm X-T30 in hand, I visited Kohima, Nagaland with the sole aim of capturing this pink beauty. And suffice to say, I was not disappointed.
- For Manipur’s fencing hero Jetlee, Olympic is a destination, not a dream
- Nagaland: NSF issues ultimatum to nab culprits involved in Naga club vandalisation
- Mizoram: ZORO holds rally to express solidarity with Manipur tribals hit by violence
- A friendly pitch: How cricket found a home in Mizoram
- Manipur: Over 3,300 candidates appear for UPSC prelims in Imphal
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda to visit India from May 31 to June 3