The first competitive trail running competition in Guwahati is being organised tomorrow. The race called the “Monkey Temple Trail Run,” will be organised in the Hengerabari Hills near Partiksha Hospital.
“As Northeast is naturally blessed with abundant hills and varied terrain, there is plenty of scope for development of trail running,” said organiser Bikash Doley in a conversation with EastMojo.
“For tomorrow’s event, the trail is approximately 5 km long that will go up the hill and back down. The trail consists of naturally occurring obstacles on many sections that are rocky, uneven, slippery and steep slopes, trees and thorny bushes,” he added.
One can get a great view of the eastern part of the city and during the early morning, one can get a superb view of the sunrise.
The run is being organised as part of the opening of the first exclusive Garmin store in Guwahati (Opposite Doordarshan Colony, Borbari, VIP Road). Garmin makes various types of world-renowned GPS navigation enabled sports, fitness and outdoor activity products.
The race is being managed by trailnexus.in, a trail sports event platform focused on mountain biking and trail running.
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules
- Virat Kohli will step down as T20 Captain after World Cup In Dubai
- US, UK, Australia launch new trilateral Indo-Pacific alliance to counter China
- Farmers suffering, govt is nowhere, say Meghalaya MLAs