Agartala: Tripura royal scion and chairman of the Indigenous Progressive Regional Alliance (TIPRA), Pradyot Kishore Deb Barman on Friday tested positive for novel coronavirus.
Taking to Twitter, Deb Barman wrote, “I have tested positive for Coronavirus and gone in for complete isolation, experiencing high fever, loss of smell and body ache”.
He also informed that the doctors advised him to take caution since he has an underlying heart condition. Deb Barman has undergone a series of treatment for his cardiac ailments.
He further requested those who came in contact with him to take necessary precautions.
He requested members of TIPRA not to worry about me but be focused on “what we are doing”.
Earlier, among the VVIP’s and ministers in Tripura, Forest minister Mevar Kumar Jamatia, ruling BJP lawmaker Mimi Majumder, Rampada Jamatia, Asish Kumar Saha, BJP’s ally Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura (IPFT) MLA Dhananjoy Tripura, CPIM leader Jitendra Choudhury tested positive for COVID-19.
Two family members of the chief minister also tested positive for the virus. However, all of them have recovered.
- NEP 2020 gives national perspective to education of tribals: Arjun Munda
- Indian diaspora has distinguished itself across the world: Modi
- Tripura: Melaghar HS School becomes first earthquake resistance school
- Bangladeshi national gets 5-yr jail term for illegal stay in India
- Tokyo Olympics gold medallist Neeraj Chopra meets Abhinav Bindra
- ‘My Universe’: ARMY react to BTS in LV and Coldplay in hanboks