Imphal: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson and Manipur BJP in-charge Sambit Patra on Friday met with Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh at the CM secretariat in Imphal.
Taking to his Twitter handle, CM Biren said “Accorded a warm welcome to Bharatiya Janata Party’s national spokesperson and newly appointed party’s in-charge of Manipur, Shri @sambitswaraj, at Chief Minister’s Secretariat, Imphal.”
A picture posted by CM Biren, Patra was seen gifted a framed painting of Manipur’s historic Khamba and Thoibi.
As per party sources, Patra reached Imphal on Friday as part of the advance team ahead of the BJP chief JP Nadda’s two-day visit to the state. However, owing to the attack on Nadda’s convoy in West Bengal on Thursday, his proposed visit has been postponed and is likely to be rescheduled after January 5, 2021, the source said.
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC