Itanagar: In a shocking turn of events, the Extra Assistant Commissioner’s (EAC) office at Vijaynagar in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh has been allegedly set on fire by some youths of the area on Friday.
Confirming the incident, Additional Deputy Commissioner (ADC), Changlang, T Rumi said: “The EAC office was set on fire on Friday morning by some members the Yobin Students Union.”
The ADC said more details on the incident is being awaited.
Vijaynagar (also Vijay Nagar and Vijoynagar) is the remotest circle of Changlang district in the northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh of India. It takes near about a week to reach Vijaynagar by foot from Miao, the circle headquarters.
This is a developing story…
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 25
- Assam cabinet approves Rs 209 cr to streamline revenue administration
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 25
- UPSC: Two candidates from Tripura clear final hurdle
- Assam’s COVID tally crosses 6 lakh
- PM Modi reaches New York to address 76th UNGA session