Guwahati: Jadav Payeng, the ‘Forest Man of India’ has signed an agreement with Fundacion Azteca, a Mexican non-profit organisation to collaborate for environmental works in the North American country.
According to reports, the Padma Shri Awardee signed the agreement during the Ciudad de Oas Ideas (CDI) at Puebla City with former Mexican senator Ninfa Salinas Sada of Grupo Salinas, in the presence of CDI founder and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Social Change and the Free Flow of Knowledge Dr Andres Roemer and naturalist Rituraj Phukan.
On the collaboration, Embassy of Mexico in India tweeted, “Honoured to host extraordinary environmental activist from Flag of India, Jade Payeng, in @cddelasideas. He planted entire forest-40 million trees- with own hands. An alliance with @FundacionAzteca will lead to advance new tree planting in Flag of Mexico.”
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal