Guwahati: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat met with Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu in Itanagar on Tuesday.
Tweeting about the meet, Khandu wrote, “An honour to meet Sarsanghchalak of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (@RSSorg) @DrMohanBhagwat Ji this evening at Itanagar. Felt enriched and invigorated by his blessings and kind margdarshan.”
According to reports, the RSS chief will also be attending a meeting in Maligaon today.
Bhagwat has been in Northeast since December 1. Though the reason for visit has not been made official, sources said he is here to meet the elected pracharaks of the seven states and to oversee the organisation’s work in the region.
Bhagwat is not likely to make any public appearance. However, his visit to Assam assumes significance as the BJP-ruled state is set to go for election in April 2021.
Also Read: Why is the RSS chief in Guwahati?
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here
- NASA restructures Human spaceflight unit as pvt space industry expands