Kohima: In a joint operation, the Assam Rifles (AR) under the Spear Corps along with the Nagaland Police apprehended one cadre of NSCN (IM) in Thilixu in Dimapur.
The PRO Defence informed that the arrested person was involved in extortion and illegal arms dealing. Warlike stores including one 7.65mm US made pistol, one 7.65mm country-made pistol, one point 22mm pistol, one point 22mm air rifle, one rifle sight, one Spare butt, and 16 live rounds of ammunition were seized.
During the operation, the security forces and the state police recovered contraband drugs from the arrested person. No other details of the arrested cadre was disclosed.
The PRO informed that the apprehended cadre along with the recovered items have been handed over to Diphupar Police Station for further investigation.
Also Read: Nagaland: 24 people arrested within 15 days for illegal activities in November
- Stringent action if anyone found guilty for train accident: PM Modi
- India matching up to China’s infra capabilities on LAC: DG BRO
- Meghalaya: CM meets Garo Hills NGOs over roster system
- Shillong, Tura residents take steps to clean cities as part of World Env. Day
- Dev. not at cost of environment: Arunachal Forest minister
- Can stories of kindness negate the negative effects of looking at bad news?