Guwahati: In a bid to re-introduction passenger carrying trains, Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has decided to introduce two Intercity-Express Special trains and five short-distance passenger special trains in a phased manner from next week.
All these trains to be introduced will be daily services.
This update comes two days after Rajya Sabha MP Ajit Kumar Bhuyan wrote to Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, urging him to resume local trains in Assam to help the economically weaker sections of the society.
The special trains to be introduced are –
(1) 05769 / 05770 Lumding – Alipurduar Jn Intercity-Express Special from 25th December.
(2) 05719/05720 Katihar-Siliguri Jn Intercity-Express Special from 24th December.
(3) 05801/05802 New Bongaigaon – Guwahati Passenger Special from 14th December.
(4) 05465/05466 Alipurduar Jn – Bamanhat Passenger Special from 14th December.
(5) 05467/05468 Siliguri Jn – Bamanhat Passenger Special from 14th December.
(6) 05421/05422 Malda Town – Balurghat Passenger Special from 17th December.
(7) 05767/05768 Alipurduar Jn – Bamanhat Passenger Special from 24th December.
The detailed stoppages and timings of these trains are being notified in various newspapers and social media platform of NFR.
- Maternal uncle sentenced to 25-years in jail for raping niece
- Arunachal: Congress imposes bandh in Siang over failure to restore Highway
- BJP MLA writes to Nadda, demands separation of Darjeeling from Bengal
- Centre to appoint CS with working knowledge of Mizo language: Zoramthanga
- Repeal AFSPA, deliver justice: Kohima residents take to streets
- AFSPA misused, should be repealed: Arunachal Congress MLA Ering