Kohima: Twenty four people were arrested in 15 days in November for various illegal activities, Nagaland Police said.
The arrests were made on charges of vehicle robbery, seizures of contraband drugs, Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL), foreign-made cigarettes, and banned tobacco products between November 3 and 17.
The detailed report indicated that two stolen vehicles—i-20 vehicle bearing the registration number NL07H 3356, and a bike bearing the registration number NL02E4287 were recovered. Other seizures included 593 litres of assorted IMFL, 10 kg of Ganja (weed), 69 gram of Brown sugar, 739 numbers of Spasmo-Proxyvon (SP) tablets and others assorted drugs; 15000 packets of illegal foreign-made cigarettes and 400 packets of banned tobacco products.
The Nagaland police informed that 24 persons were arrested in connection with these cases, and action has been initiated against them as per the legal provisions.
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here