Kohima: Twenty four people were arrested in 15 days in November for various illegal activities, Nagaland Police said.
The arrests were made on charges of vehicle robbery, seizures of contraband drugs, Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL), foreign-made cigarettes, and banned tobacco products between November 3 and 17.
The detailed report indicated that two stolen vehicles—i-20 vehicle bearing the registration number NL07H 3356, and a bike bearing the registration number NL02E4287 were recovered. Other seizures included 593 litres of assorted IMFL, 10 kg of Ganja (weed), 69 gram of Brown sugar, 739 numbers of Spasmo-Proxyvon (SP) tablets and others assorted drugs; 15000 packets of illegal foreign-made cigarettes and 400 packets of banned tobacco products.
The Nagaland police informed that 24 persons were arrested in connection with these cases, and action has been initiated against them as per the legal provisions.
Also Read: Nagaland: One more succumbs to COVID-19, death toll rises to 60
- Manipuris in South Korea write to Indian Embassy over crisis in state
- Assam: Major disaster averted as loaded gas-tanker flips in Sonapur
- Social media snaps sweep of Japan’s cherry blossom season in new detail
- Manipur: Security forces launch joint combing operation
- Guwahati-based startup TechVariable to take part in Dubai World AI show
- Why is PM still silent on Manipur, asks Cong