Imphal: The Manipur units of various Left parties, comprising of the Communist Party of India, Communist Party of India (Marxist), Revolutionary Socialist Party and All India Forward Bloc, extended their support to the Bharat Bandh called by Kisan Organisations on December 8.
The nationwide shutdown has been called by the farmers’ unions from 11 am to 3 pm across the country against the recently-enacted farm laws by the Union Government.
In a joint statement, the Left parties stated that they extend their solidarity and support to the ongoing massive agitation by Kisan organisations from all over the country against the new Agri laws – Farmer’s Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill 2020, The Farmers ( Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill 2020, The Essential Commodities Bill (Amendment) 2020.
“The Left parties condemn the RSS/BJP’s malicious campaign, on preposterous charges, against the struggle of our ‘annadatas’ to safeguard Indian agriculture and the country’s food security,” they said in a statement.
Also Read: Huidrom Thoi, Manipur’s teenage football sensation, takes first leap on the big stage
Jointly signed by CPI (M) secretary Kshetrimayum Santa, CPI general secretary L Sotinkumar, AIFB secretary Khomdram Gyameshore and RSP secretary Ningthoujam Ratan, it further stated that the Left parties support their demand for the scrapping of the three Agri laws and the Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
Also Read: With 4 more cases, Manipur records 299 deaths due to COVID-19
- Assam CM inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-cr projects
- Navy’s car expedition covering ‘entire coastline’ flagged off from Kolkata
- What the stars do not have in store for you, as per your horoscope
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts
- Mizoram poll officials to visit Tripura over Bru migrants names deletion