Udalguri: The first phase of Polling is currently underway in 21 of the 40 constituencies of Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) in Assam. Polling is being conducted for Udalguri (10 constituencies) and Baksa (11 constituencies) today.
A total of 130 candidates of various political parties, such as Bodo People’s Front (BPF), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), United People’s Party Liberal (UPPL) and Gana Suraksha Party (GSP) along with several independent candidates are in the fray in the BTR districts.
About 45 per cent voting had been conducted till 12:30 pm on Monday. The fate of the candidates will be decided by around 13,64,327 voters who are casting their vote in 1,739 polling stations.
Seventy candidates are in the fray from 11 constituencies in Baksa district. Twenty from Musalpur, 34 from Tamulpur and 16 from Salbari constituencies had filed their candidature. Polling in being conducted in 932 polling stations in the district, of which 268 have identified as sensitive and 342 identified as highly sensitive.
Meanwhile, polling for 10 constituencies of Udalguri is underway since morning. Voting is being conducted in 807 polling stations through ballot paper. A total of 62 candidates are in fray in the district.
- PM Modi congratulates Lalduhoma on taking oath as Mizoram CM
- Hornbill Festival continues even after winter rain lashes Kohima
- WB paddlers dominate Day 2 of Uni TT tournament in Guwahati
- Huge honour: Arunachal ranger Bunty Tao to lead Asian Rangers Forum
- Fake toll plaza in Gujarat collects over Rs 75 crore
- Adoption process must be fast-tracked: Tripura Minister