Imphal: Manipur BJP state unit president Prof Tikendra Singh on Saturday slammed the previous Congress government for scheming to disunite the people living in the hills and valley during the 15 years of rule in the state.
BJP leader Singh was speaking at the meeting of representatives of the BJP workers and village leaders of Riha segment at Riha village in Kamjong district, organised by 43-Phungyar Mandal committee.
Singh further claimed that BJP restored peace and harmony between hills and valley in the state which was not seen during the previous Congress regime for over one decade ruling in the state.
“We are the largest democratic political party in the world with around 8 crore members enrolled in the party and we treat all members equally without any discrimination unlike the Congress party which has a communal interest,” said Singh.
State BJP executive member Ngachonmi Ramshang lauded the N Biren Singh-led government for bringing the much-needed progress in the state during over the last three years of ruling.
He further said that the meeting deliberated the fielding of the BJP eight intending candidates for the upcoming Autonomous District Council election from Phungyar AC.
The meeting was attended by state party leaders, mandal leaders, workers and village leaders of 43-Phungyar while adhering to strict SoPs for COVID-19.
- Malignant: An outrageous re-tread of the classic 80s horror with the Midas touch of James Wan
- Limits on airfares to remain for 15 days at any given time: Aviation Ministry
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days
- Amarinder Singh resigns as Punjab CM; says ‘feel humiliated’
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?