Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij, who took a trial shot of COVID-19 vaccine last month, tested positive for the virus on Saturday.
Confirming the news, Vij tweeted, “I have been tested Corona positive. I am admitted in Civil Hospital Ambala Cantt. All those who have come in close contact to me are advised to get themselves tested for corona.”
On November 20, the 67-year-old politician became the first volunteer from Haryana for Covaxin’s third phase trial.
He is also the first cabinet minister from a state government to volunteer for the trial dose of a potential vaccine against COVID-19.
Earlier this week, Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh announced that he will take the first shot of the COVID-19 vaccine from the state after it is cleared by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
After Singh, 1.25 lakh health workers will also receive the vaccine.
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days
- Amarinder Singh resigns as Punjab CM; says ‘feel humiliated’
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money