Guwahati: A Minor earthquake of 3.4 magnitude was recorded near Tezpur in Assam on Saturday morning.
According to the National Centre for Seismology (NCS), the nodal agency for monitoring seismic activity, the earthquake occurred at 10.46 am.
The epicentre of the tremor was “near Lat: 26.92 N & Long: 92.67 E” at depth of 10 km.
No casualty or damage to property has been reported so far.
On December 2, a minor tremor hit Dhemaji area of the state in the afternoon. According to the NCS, it was of 3.1 magnitude.
On November 22, an earthquake measuring 4.4 on the Richter Scale hit Tuensang in Nagaland at around 9 am.
- Karan Johar donates Rs 11 lakh to Assam Chief Minister Relief Fund
- Viruses can change your scent to make you more attractive to mosquitoes: Study
- Mizoram CM inducts journalist into party, says MNF in recruitment drive
- Rejuvenate Arunachal springs to solve drinking water problem: Expert
- Over 100 students from Sikkim Manipal infected by Nairobi Fly
- Mizoram: Aizawl to soon get two motorable flyovers