Kohima: An area commander of the NSCN-IM was arrested in a joint operation of the Nagaland police and security forces near the Nagaland-Assam border in Wokha district.
The arrested cadre of the NSCN-IM is identified as self-styled major Apem Mahon Tangkhul. The person was arrested near Ralan on Tuesday.
The defence PRO informed that the joint operation was launched based on specific input that was received. One point 32mm Pistol with a magazine and six rounds of live ammunition were recovered from the arrested person.
The arrested person, along with the items that were seized, have been handed over to the Old Ralan Police Station for further investigation.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing