Kangana Ranaut’s Twitter account has now become a source of fake news. The actor remarked on the famous ‘Shaheen Bagh Dadi’ after a Twitter user claimed that she was also present at the farmers’ protest, and is “available for hire on per day basis.”
Ranaut reacted to this by tweeting “Ha ha ha she is the same dadi who featured in Time magazine for being the most powerful Indian…. And she is available in 100 rupees. Pakistani jurno’s have hijacked international PR for India in an embarrassing way. We need our own people to speak for us internationally.”
The 82-year-old dadi, Bilkis Bano was recently listed in BBC’s list of ‘100 women of 2020’. She had also made it to TIME’s ‘100 most influential people of 2020’ list.
The actor was called out on Twitter for spreading false claims. She also deleted her tweet.
AltNews co-founder Pratik Sinha too confirmed that it is fake news. He wrote, “This is a false claim by @KanganaTeam. She has now deleted her tweet. Do not forget how she’s using her position to pull down and discredit those who are not privileged, and fighting for their rights. She is EXACTLY what she claims to be fighting against.”
Tripura royal scion, Pradyot DebBurman tweeted, “Jhoot bole kawva katte #KanganaRanaut please verify before tweeting.”
Netizens also called out the actor for ‘Fake news factory BJP mouthpiece.”
Check reactions below:
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation