Imphal: Manipur has been awarded ‘State of the States’ Award 2020 for the most improved small state overall and law and order category. This year, Manipur with 1,228.4 points out of 2,000 outperformed its neighboruing state Tripura, the winner of 2019 most improved small states.
The annual State of the States survey is carried out by country’s leading media organisation India Today with an aim to find which of India’s states offers its citizens the opportunities, both at work and outside.
Chief minister N Biren Singh took to his Twitter handle and said “Big day for BJP led Manipur Govt!!! Manipur ranked as the most improved state (Overall) among small states in a @IndiaToday survey.
He further said that “We could achieved this milestone since we adhered to the mantras of our Hon’ble PM, Shri @narendramodi ji.”
As per reports, for the same, Raj Chengappa, Group Editorial Director—Publishing, India Today Group has invited CM Biren Singh for India Today e-State of the States Conclave and Award, 2020 to be streamed on Friday.
“It is my privilege to invite you to the India Today e-State of the States Conclave 2020, to be streamed on Friday, November 27, 2020,” Chengappa said in an e-mail invitation to the chief minister.
It may be noted that in 2019 edition, Manipur was awarded the most improved small state in inclusive development, of which CM Biren Singh received the award.
- Navy to open all branches for women from next year: Navy Chief
- 11% of Covid cases that needed hospitalisations had lung scarring: US study
- How can failures in fighting corruption be overcome?
- India needs to be more open-minded about open jails, says researcher
- Walking backwards has a surprising number of health benefits
- IMF says it fully supports India’s G20 agenda