Assam has been awarded as the ‘Most Improved Big State (Overall)’ in the annual State of the States survey carried out by India Today.
Assam has been bagging the top spot for three consecutive years – 2020, 2019 and 2018. It scored 1,222.3 out of a score of 2,000 points.
Andhra Pradesh came second with 1,194.8 points , while Madhya Pradesh was third with 1,147.1 points.
Another state from Northeast, Manipur, won the ‘Most Improved Small State (Overall)’ award. With 1,228.4 points out of 2,000, Manipur outperformed its neighboruing state Tripura, the winner of 2019’s most improved small states category.
In other categories, Tamil Nadu won as the ‘Best Performing Big State (Overall)’ and Goa won in the ‘Best Performing Small State (Overall)’ section.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence