Guwahati: The Gauhati High Court on Wednesday rejected the bail plea of Kumar Sanjit Krishna, one of the prime accused in the Sub-Inspector (SI) recruitment scam of Assam Police.
During the bail plea hearing, the advocate of the accused Sanjit Krishna cited that the former SP must be granted bail as he is suffering from nerve problems and also that he surrendered to the police.
However, objecting to the bail plea, the state government’s public prosecutor stated that Sanjit Krishna was the mastermind behind the SI Exam paper leak.
His bail plea was rejected by the Gauhati HC Judge Ajit Borthakur. He also rejected the bail pleas of Hirokjyoti Baruah, Papumoni Nath, Jitu Mikir, Anuwar Ali, Dilip Gogoi, Priyonath Gogoi, Mrinal Kumar Nath, Kumud Chandra Goswami, and Jugmi Brahma.
Last month, Sanjit Krishna was arrested after the CID reportedly revealed the nexus between former deputy inspector general (DIG) of Assam police PK Dutta, suspended BJP leader Diban Deka, Kumar Sanjit Krishna, ASP Prasanta Dutta, and a group of brokers who jointly conspired in the Assam Police SI recruitment scam.
The CID conducted raids at officer Sanjit Krishna’s residence at Kachari Basti and ASP Dutta’s house at Six Mile in Guwahati in search of evidence connecting them to the case.
- PM Modi reaches New York to address 76th UNGA session
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death
- UPSC: Six from Manipur clear final exams, 761 selected across India
- Shocking: UPSC training platform says tribal farmers are “brainless, have no land documents”
- Mizoram likely to get two RT-PCR mobile vans from Centre
- Ekalavya: Now learn acting from ‘Dronas’ of the art, virtually