Guwahati: With Tarun Gogoi’s health continuing to deteriorate, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, who was in Dibrugarh, has cancelled all his programs for the day to return to Guwahati.
In a tweet, the CM wrote, “Flying back to Guwahati from Dibrugarh after cancelling my programmes midway to be on the side of respected Tarun Gogoi da & his family as the former CM’s health deteriorates. He has always been a father figure to me. I join millions in praying for his recovery.
Also Read: Assam: Ex-CM Tarun Gogoi’s health deteriorates, suffers multiple organ failure
Former CM Gogoi’s health has reached a critical stage as he is suffering from multiple organ failure, but his heart continues to beat, with somewhat active reflexs. He continues to be on ventilator support at the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH).
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that now only prayers can help the 86-year-old veteran leader to recuperate.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and defence minister Rajnath Singh called up Tarun Gogoi’s son, Gaurav Gogoi, to get an update on his health. Former PM Dr Manmohan Singh and Congress leader Rahul Gaandhi also took stock of his health.
Also Read: Thank you to the people of Assam: Tarun Gogoi shares audio message from hospital
- Concerted effort needed for peace in Manipur: Prof Meijinlung Kamson
- Conrad, Himanta showing interest in solving state-border dispute: BJP
- Five arrested in Arunachal-Assam border shooting that killed 2
- Depression over Arabian Sea likely to intensify into cyclonic storm: IMD
- Greasy affair: Journalist among 3 held for OIL pilferage in Tinsukia
- CBI begins Balasore train probe, collects first-hand report