In a moment of pride for Assam and Manipur, two players from the Northeastern states have been selected for the men’s national team to participate in the upcoming Asian Beach Games.
The selected players are John Marak, also known as Popo from Assam, and Maibam Chinkheinganba from Manipur. Both of them are members of the Assam Sport Climbing Association (ASCA).
This is the sixth installment of the Asian Beach Games 2020 will be held from April 2 to April 10 next year in Sanya city of China.
The two players from Assam and Manipur have been selected by the Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF), headquartered in New Delhi based on their performances.
Mayur Mahanta, the general secretary of the Assam Sport Climbing Association in a statement said that both the players achieved top rankings in the Asian Youth Climbing Championship which was held in Bengaluru in December 2019.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence