Guwahati: Elections for the Tiwa Autonomous Council will be held on December 17, the State Election Commission (SEC) has informed.
Polling will take place across the Council’s 36 constituencies spread over Kamrup Metropolitan districts, Hojai, Morigaon, and Nagaon between 7.30 am and 4.30 pm, following all COVID-19 protocols.
SEC announced that votes will be counted two days later on December 19.
State Election Commissioner Alok Kumar said the last date of filing of nomination papers is November 25 and scrutiny of documents will be done on November 26. The list of validly-nominated candidates will be declared on November 26.
Withdrawal of candidature will be allowed till November 28.
The counting of votes will be done on December 19 starting from 8 am till the completion of the counting process.
If necessary, a re-poll will be held on December 18.
Also Read: Tripura: Governor’s rule extended for six more months in tribal district council
Also, elections for Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) will be held on December 7 in the first phase and on December 10 in the second phase. The count will be held on December 12.
The term of BTC in Assam had expired in April and elections were postponed due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Meanwhile, the administrative power of the council was handed over to the governor to manage administration.
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh