Rafael Nadal reaches the second round of the Nitto ATP Finals by defeating 23-year-old Andrey Rublev 6-3, 6-4, taking 78 minutes in the first match of the season finale on Monday.
Rafael Nadal’s experience proved to be handy against the in-form Russian Rublev, who got frustrated with his near misses and made some real poor shot selections.
Rublev was not at all able to trouble Nadal with his serve, which eventually prevented him from getting into the attacking patterns which have been his winning formula this whole season.
With this win, Nadal has won 70 matches in a row after he successfully claimed the opening set and eventually dominated the whole game.
Nadal has qualified for the ATP Finals in 16 consecutive years and he reached the final at the year-end championships in 2010 and 2013.
Nadal now owns a 19-14 record in the Nitto ATP Finals.
Nadal earlier won 6-1, 6-2, 6-2 against Rublev in the 2017 US Open quarter-finals.
Meanwhile in the other match of the Nitto ATP Finals on November 15, 2020 are as follows-
Group Stage: Centre Court
D Thiem – 77 4 6
S Tsitsipas – 65 6 3
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing