Guwahati: Sivasagar Police detained two brothers, Jamirul Hussain and Sariful Hussain from Dimoumukh area for allegedly trying to sacrifice five minor boys, which also included one of their sons.
According to reports, the father of one of the boys acted on the advice of an impostor and went on to sacrifice his own son and the sons of his brother in expectation of some hidden treasure.
However, local police have mentioned that they are yet to find any evidence of an attempted human sacrifice.
“A police team was sent to Demowmukh following reports that some human sacrifice was about to take place there. We have taken the four boys into our custody on Saturday night for their safety,” said Amitava Sinha, superintendent of police (SP), Sivasagar.
According to reports, the son of one of the accused approached the impostor who is said to be from Moran for physical illness. Police have not yet registered an FIR in connection with the incident and revealed that the two accused have not been arrested, reports claim.
The local villagers, after knowing about the incident, confronted the brothers on Saturday evening and handed them over to the police.
The police have not yet registered an FIR in connection to the incident, but the two accused have not been arrested.
“We have interrogated the accused and investigation into the human sacrifice angle is on,” said the Sivasagar additional SP.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence