Diwali is almost upon us, and so is the winter season. Sweets are an integral part of any happy occasion in India- an absolute must-have food item. As people become more health-conscious, many different sweet options have come up to suit the dietary needs of everyone.
Here is a look at some Vegan Diwali sweets that you can make at home:
Apple Coconut Barfi
Apple Coconut Barfi is a delicious treat. This fudge-like barfi is super easy to make. It is also vegan and gluten-free. The fruity taste makes for a great sweet snack without the guilt!
Figs and Dry Fruits Barfi
Figs and Dry Fruits Barfi Recipe is famous Indian sweet recipe with dates, figs, pista, kaju, almond, walnut and raisins. It is a sugar-free, fat-free and vegan sweet recipe.
Paruppu payasam aka sweet Pongal is a porridge-like dish made with rice, jaggery and moong lentils, flavoured with cardamoms and dry fruits.
Jaggery-Chana dal Kheer
An extremely popular south-Indian dessert recipe made with chana dal, sabudana, jaggery and coconut milk. The recipe is known for its creamy and subtle sweet taste due to coconut milk and jaggery combination.
This Vegan and Gluten-free coconut Ladoo has shredded coconut, coconut milk, sugar and whole cardamom. These fudgy Coconut Ladoos are super simple and perfect for Diwali.
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP