On Monday, November 9, a car accident was caught on camera at Sandakhpu Road in Darjeeling. Three passengers were injured but thankfully no casualties were reported. The video caught on camera has gone viral on social media.
Abhishek Gupta, Superintendent of Police (SP) of Darjeeling informed team EastMojo about the accident and said, “it was a minor accident and all the passengers are safe and well.”
The Sandakphu trekking route falls under Singalila National Park. Sandakphu at an altitude of 11,229 feet is the highest point of Singalila ridge. It is a famous trekking route and offers the most magnificent views of the Himalayas especially the entire Kangchenjunga Range. Tourists have to travel in Jeeps in that location as roads are pretty bad and cases of road accidents are high in the area.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation