On Monday, November 9, a car accident was caught on camera at Sandakhpu Road in Darjeeling. Three passengers were injured but thankfully no casualties were reported. The video caught on camera has gone viral on social media.
Abhishek Gupta, Superintendent of Police (SP) of Darjeeling informed team EastMojo about the accident and said, “it was a minor accident and all the passengers are safe and well.”
The Sandakphu trekking route falls under Singalila National Park. Sandakphu at an altitude of 11,229 feet is the highest point of Singalila ridge. It is a famous trekking route and offers the most magnificent views of the Himalayas especially the entire Kangchenjunga Range. Tourists have to travel in Jeeps in that location as roads are pretty bad and cases of road accidents are high in the area.
- Assam: Environmentalists envisage ‘zero waste village’ near Chandubi lake
- IIT Guwahati retains 7th spot in ‘Engineering’ category of NIRF rankings 2023
- Nitin Gadkari lays foundation stone for two NH projects in Assam
- CPM leader slams BJP govt on law and order in Tripura
- Manipur violence: Two displaced children die at Mizoram relief camp
- Two dead in shooting near Assam-Arunachal border, 3 missing