Even after more than seven hours of discussion led by Opposition on why the government has failed on all fronts, the NPP-led MDA government managed to defeat the no-confidence motion by a simple voice vote.
The No-Confidence motion seemed more like a formality, since the opposition had only 19 MLAs while the ruling coalition has 41 MLAs in the 60-seat assembly.
On Tuesday, the speaker of the Legislative Assembly had admitted a ‘No Confidence Motion’ moved by the Opposition Congress party.
The no-confidence motion was submitted by Leader of Opposition, Dr Mukul Sangma and other ten MLAs of the Congress including Opposition Chief Whip, Process T. Sawkmie, Zenith M. Sangma, Winnerson D. Sangma, Dikkanchi D Shira, Miani D Shira, Mohendro Rapsang, George B Lyngdoh.
The Opposition alleged that the NPP-led MDA government has failed to address multiple issues, particularly in its attempt to protect the interest of the state.
- PM’s call for mass drive on Sunday an insult: Manipur TNL
- Assam: Train equipped with state-of-art features flagged off
- No hope of Left’s revival in Tripura, says leader of Oppn Animesh Debbarma
- How a neurosurgeon is training the next gen of Wushu athletes of Manipur
- Meghalaya: Harijan Colony issue could be solved this year, says deputy CM
- Tripura: National Highway blocked, railway affected during TIPRA bandh