Democrat Joe Biden emerged victorious in the US presidential election and is projected to become the 46th president of the United States on Saturday, as vote counts in key states leaned his way, while Donald Trump showed no signs of conceding despite his increasingly bleak chances.
With the Americans increasingly anxious for a result four days after the election, Biden has finally emerged as the winner in the race to the White House with the winning numbers 284-to-214 by his side in the state-by-state Electoral College vote that determines the winner.
On Friday Biden took the lead over Trump in Pennsylvania, whose 20 electoral votes eventually put him over the 270 threshold needed for victory.
- Nagaland teams up with NGO to tackle child malnutrition, mortality
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart