The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Coimbatore police arrested the director of Sarva ITech Solutionz Limited on Friday for allegedly cheating an investor of Rs 1.25 lakh. Reportedly, two more directors of the firm are absconding.
According to the Coimbatore Police, the firm had collected money from hundreds of investors and had duped them of at least Rs 50 crore.
The accused have been identified as R Rithu Varnan, 37, of Chinnasamy Avenue at Peelamedu, while the absconding directors have been identified as Kelath Sri Hari and Velangappadi Balamurugan.
Also Read: Assam: Alleged “drug mafia” arrested in Hajo; drugs worth Rs 9 lakh seized
R Rithu Varnan has been booked under the sections 120 B (criminal conspiracy), 406 (criminal breach of trust), 420 (cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property) of the Indian Penal Court and Section 5 of the Tamil Nadu Protection of Interests of Depositors(in Financial Establishment) Act.
Sarva Itech Solutionz Limited is a Public incorporated on 16 April 2020. It is classified as Non-govt company and is registered at Registrar of Companies, Coimbatore.
Also Read: Republic TV’s Arnab Goswami arrested by Mumbai Police
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system