Agartala: In a move to promote the local artisans work and tradition ahead of the Diwali festival, Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb launched eco-friendly ‘diyas’ made of bamboo artisans here at the civil secretariat on Friday.
“We have launched bamboo biscuits, bamboo rice, bottles. Today, we launched candles in bamboo shells ahead of the Diwali festival. These candles are totally eco friendly. Such concepts are unique and first in the state”, Deb said.
He also said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given special focus to boost the bamboo mission and he also monitors the bamboo mission.
“Bamboo is a unique sector which can easily give employment and is eco-friendly. The muli bamboo also grows very fast. That is why the PM gave permission to mark bamboo as grass so that employment can e generated,” Deb said.
He also said that after the BJP-IPFT government came to power, they have started working to boost the Self Help Group (SHG) sector.
“Bamboos have been used to make these traditional diyas by the local artisans so that both the environment can be saved and the economy of the bamboo artisans also get boost,” Deb added.
Deb further said that the candle shell can be re-used for multiple times and we can get rid of the use of plastic and artificial products.
The chief minister praised the SHG groups from producing organic jiggery which can hold a good market if packed in bamboo boxes.
Earlier, no one used to take such initiative but soon after the slogan of ‘vocal for local’ people has started taking initiative to promote their own product.
- Manipur: Over 3,500 acres of poppy fields destroyed, says Guv
- PM Modi to virtually participate in ‘kirtan’ programme in Assam
- Assam: Police to launch massive drive against child marriage from Feb 3
- Spent Rs 20.7L on preservation of cultural sites in 2021-22: Govt
- Manipur: Guv La Ganesan opens 3rd session of 12th Legislative Assembly
- Green bonds, SLBs, MDBs in focus at Guwahati G20 meet on sustainable finance