Agartala: Tripura cadre Sanjay Kumar Rakesh has joined as chief executive officer of the common service centre (CSC), one of the mission mode projects under the ‘Digital India Programme’ under ministry of electronics and information technology.
Rakesh, a 1990 batch IAS officer, had retired through the voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) on October 31 last. His last assignment was with the Tripura government as additional chief secretary.
Speaking with EastMojo, Rakesh said that he is excited and is looking forward to giving his best as the chief executive officer of CSC.
“I have joined as the CEO on November 4 for five years. It is exciting and I would use my experience to deliver the best to my new assignment,” Rakesh said.
Rakesh is a B.Tech in electrical engineering from IIT Kanpur and has a post-graduate diploma in public policy & management from MDI, Gurugram.
He also holds an experience of around 30 years in serving the government in various capacities said a statement from CSC.
The CSC is a special Purpose vehicle under the ministry of electronics and information technology, delivering government service to people.
Earlier, Rakesh had held the posts of joint secretary in the ministry of Electronics & IT where he led several initiatives for Make in India in the Electronics sector.
He also served the Ministry of Rural Development, looking after Indira Awas Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation