Guwahati: Assam marked the ninth death anniversary of Bharat Ratna Dr Bhupen Hazarika on Thursday.
Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal offered floral tribute to the Bard of Brahmaputra at the late doyen’s Samadhi Kshetra at Jalukbari in Guwahati.
He said, “Bharat Ratna Dr Bhupen Hazarika’s creations promote harmony in society. His invaluable contributions act as a bridge in taking forward the Assamese community to the global platform.”
Born on September 8, 1926, the legendary musical maestro passed away on November 5, 2011. Having travelled the world, Hazarika’s song talk about love, humanity and brotherhood.
Assam CM called upon the youth to study the life and works of the ‘Bard of Brahmaputra’ saying that a deep understanding of Dr. Hazarika’s creations would broaden their outlook and boost humanitarian values among them.
The ministry of culture also remembered him by posting a tribute on Twitter. It said that Dr Bhupen Hazarika’s creations will reverberate in our hearts forever.
- Propose Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong not a ‘sinking ship’, says party’s Mylliem candidate
- PM Modi effected transformation in Tripura, northeast: BJP
- Jetlag hits differently depending on your travel direction. Here are 6 tips
- Arunachal by-poll: BJP nominee likely to win unopposed
- Meghalaya people do not trust BJP: Congress MP Vincent Pala