While predicting the results of 2020 US Presidential elections, Donald Trump Jr, the eldest son of US President Donald Trump, shared a distorted map of India which excluded the whole of the northeastern region. It also showed Kashmir as not part of the Indian Territory.
This world map was posted in the prediction of his father’s victory in the election, with the majority of countries in the Republican Party’s colour, Red. In his map, India was in blue shade indicating the Democratic Party’s colour while Kashmir and North East India were in red; thus indicating a divide.
Ahead of the US elections, in this highly controversial tweet, Trump Jr said that he ‘finally got around making his electoral map prediction’.
Donald Trump Jr has been criticised by several Indians on Twitter. Congress MP Shashi Tharoor ridiculed this by tweeting, “The price of Namo’s bromance: Kashmir and the North East cut off from the rest of India, and the whole ‘filthy’ place relegated by Don Jr to the realm of hostiles, along with China and Mexico. So much for the crores spent on obsequious serenading stadium events!”
Omar Abdullah, the former Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir, also mocked this tweet and said that ‘someone needs to take his colouring pencils away.’
- Kohima: 2nd Nagaland Olympic & Paralympics football event kicks off
- Conference on bringing citizens, govt closer through reforms in Itanagar
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for August 17
- M&M in talks with different states in India for setting up EV production site
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for August 17
- No leniency to anyone trying to disrupt recruitment process: Assam CM