Actor Vijay Raaz of Monsoon Wedding fame was arrested on Tuesday by Gondia police after he was accused of molesting a female crew member on the sets of the film Sherni.
He was later granted bail by a local court.
The movie is a drama directed by Amit Masurkar, starring Vidya Balan in the lead.
Raaz was taken to Ramnagar Police Station and then was later granted bail. Post the arrest of the actor, the shoot of the movie was halted yet again. Before this, the shoot came to a halt in mid-March owing to the nationwide COVID-19 lockdown.
The popular comedian, actor, and director was born on June 5. He was seen in films like Loot Case and Gulabo Sitabo this year. He is also known for his roles in Welcome, Delhi Belly, Dedh Ishqiya, Mumbai Xpress, Bombay To Goa, Company and had won accolades for his performance as Ranveer Singh’s father in Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy in 2019.
Also Read: Priyanca Radhakrishnan becomes the first Indian-Origin Minister in New Zealand
The actor made his debut in Ram Gopal Varma’s Jungle in 2000 and became popular after an appearance in Mira Nair’s Monsoon Wedding.
- Pro-Khalistani protesters attack Indian Consulate in San Francisco
- I cannot be intimidated by police, cases: Rahul Gandhi
- Indo-Bangla border along Dhubri ‘hot zone of crime’: Assam CM
- AI route to stem jumbo deaths: NFR, RailTel ink MoU for IDS
- Nagaland: Southern Angami Body lifts movement ban on Mao Nagas
- Assam: IGNCA observes 36th Foundation Day